Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No Sweets Summer

It's June! Can you believe it folks?!!  And do you know what that means? Not only does it officially feel like summer, but it's also officially the start of my No Sweets Summer. (and yes, it's capitalized because that's what I officially named it!) My first test came today already.  As you may already know, I am a sucker for bargains and free things.  That's why when we had lunch break for our strengths seminar, I went to get free Jimmy John's from Northrop Plaza. Sadly, there was free ice cream there too! But since that would be the biggest fail in the history of dieting, I refused free food for probably the first time in my life.

In other news... I was at home for part of last week and had a great time seeing old friends and catching up.  I feel like I got a good dose of the outdoors before going back to summer in the cities.  My five days at home were complete with sand volleyball, rock picking, mud bogging, weeding, grad parties, bonfires, and best of all, slipping around in an almost empty, scummy pool.  No one drained our pool before winter came this year (typical parents, can't do anything without us kids) so we were working on draining it completely and then cleaning it out.   For some reason, Katie and I had the bright idea to go in there when it only had a couple inches of water left in it.  After slipping and sliding around in the nasty water, we both bring one foot back to kick water at each other. Suddenly, I was flat on my back, dazed and confused.  Lifting my head, I looked past my toes and saw Katie lying in the same exact position, looking just as surprised as me.  Funniest moment of my life.  





No comments:

Post a Comment