Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer To-Do List

This is my first summer in Minneapolis, and my first summer away from home. I promised myself that I would not go back to being a waitress in my home town and spend the summer counting down the days until college starts again.  As glad as I am to be in the middle of a lively city with an interesting job, I will definitely miss home. The hot and miserable days of baling hay or picking rock, followed by a refreshing swim in the pool.  The trips to rock dam with my classmates.  4-wheeling in the woods and making a stop at grandma's house to eat cookies.  Horseback riding.  Tanning naked on the deck and then running for the house like a crazy person when I hear a car driving up the driveway.  Eating carrots straight from the garden... I could go on and on.  But I won't.  The objective of this post is to make a summer bucket list to keep me busy (besides my full time job).

1. Make a trip up to Hermantown to visit friends and cheer Ethan on in Grandma's Marathon.
2. Concerts, concerts, and more concerts! ...hopefully some cheap indie bands that I have never heard of :) but also Backstreet Boys and Fleet Foxes. No big deal, but I am SO EXITED!!!!!!!

               
3. Bike trips around Minneapolis
4. Monthly visits to Godiva for my free truffle. By the end of the summer, I'll be able to give recommendations on the best flavors :)
5. Dance nights at First Ave
6. Get in shape to run some 5k's
7. Volunteer at We Can Ride, helping disabled kids ride horse
8. Trip to Norway?! Cross your fingers :/
9. Learn sign language from my sister
10. Practice my Finnish
11. Start sewing my own clothes
12. Plant some flowers
13. Write my blog! :)

You'd think I could come up with more than 13 things to do, but I'm drawing a blank.  Stay tuned for posts of me actually doing these things :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great list that will keep you busy!
    Have fun!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete