Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring 2011 Fashion Trend: Drenched Rat

My day started at 6:40 this morning.  No I did not have work. Or class.  Why, you ask, did I get up? ...That is a very good question.  I had decided to cheer my sister and her boyfriend on in the 5k they were running (loving sister that I am...) but when I woke up and saw it was raining, I almost crawled right back in bed. But I DIDN'T.   Biggest regret of the day.  The day continued as follows:

Late start getting out of the house
Detour on west 94, making us completely lost
Arrive at race at 8:05 for an 8:00 start
Cheer the runners on in the pouring rain next to a Chatty Kathy policeman
Kari and Ethan, running machines that they are, still beat a bunch of people :)
Hop in the driver's seat to drop Ethan off at work
And here comes the best part of my day... Driving Ethan's van into the bricks on the side of his driveway.

And just think, if it were any other weekend morning, I WOULD STILL BE SLEEPING!




But I do actually enjoy the drama of a good thunderstorm.  I just biked home from a friend's apartment, once again, in the pouring rain.  It's a satisfying feeling, once you reach the point where you don't even care that the water is dripping from your eyelashes and blurring your vision. Or that a car just whizzed by, splashing the biggest puddle of water onto you and your bike.  And then my favorite moment, when you reach your front door and decide you're having too much fun to quit now, and start dancing in the rain.  Then, after you have reluctantly entered the house, you introduce your drenched rat look to the roommates and begin the process of spreading your clothes all around the house to dry out.  Possibly followed by a nice cup of hot chocolate.  With mini-marshmallows.  Then, you go and blog about your wet, wet day and hope the drenched rat look becomes a fad so that you don't have to worry about the rain cramping your style ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment